Monday, June 13, 2011

Tightening Up Slide Tiles

Today's post is going to be another brief one. This afternoon I was able to sit down and recode the highlight feature of the slide tiles to be more versatile and not some cheap hack like I was using previously. Because of this change, it will be much easier for me now to create new slide tiles, and thus, a longer, richer game. I am not a programming whore, but I do try to create good, flexible systems rather than over-scripted, hacked up code that only works in one single situation. If I find myself doing the latter, I sit down and think hard about what it is I am actually trying to accomplish; usually I am doing something wrong. That is currently the case as I still struggle with place tiles and I am going to further reevaluate their role in the game.

Tomorrow I am going to brainstorm more slide tile variations during the free time I find myself having at camp. I will also reveal what I am probably going to use for the final title of the "Aldea Lenta."

No comments:

Post a Comment